HELPING HANDS FOOD SHELF UPDATE
Updated: June 10th, 2020
Delano UMC Coordinates June Volunteers at the Food Shelf
Thank you church for expanding your volunteer leadership at the Delano Helping Hands food shelf. During these unusual times, we have been asked to help out more at the food shelf, since we are trained in to the new protocols. At the moment, we have our core volunteer team ready to go. However, if you would like to serve as a sub, please contact Pastor Stina at firstname.lastname@example.org
As of Wednesday, April 8, 2020, Delano Helping Hands Food Shelf:
A big thanks to all of our volunteers who have and will be volunteering at the Delano Helping Hands food shelf this month. The Food shelf has new protocols to maximize the health and safety of both our clients and volunteers.
Please note: because of COVID protocols, we are asking these 4 trained volunteers to be our food shelf representatives. If you are interested in helping as a reserve, please contact Pastor Stina, but do NOT show up at the food shelf unless we have asked you to do so.
No food donations are being accepted at this time.
As of Monday, March 16, 2020, Delano Helping Hands Food Shelf will:
• Continue to maintain our scheduled hours:
Thursdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. and the
3rd Thursday of the month, 2:00-4:00 p.m. and 5:00-7:00 p.m.
• To reduce contact for our clients and to conserve volunteer resources we are implementing scheduled client appointments with drive-through order pickup. There will be no inside access to the food Shelf by clients.
• Expand our pre-packed food model to include client choice items via phone calls by volunteers prior to scheduled appointments.
• Communicate updates about our service and plans through the Delano City website, phone, and social media.
If you are a community member in need of emergency food assistance:
• Call the foodshelf at 763.972.4455, leave a voicemail with contact information, we will get back to you to schedule an appointment.
How can others help?
• If you are interested in, or available to volunteer if needed, please call the foodshelf at 763.972.4455, leave a voicemail and we will get back to you.
• Monetary donations can be mailed to Delano Helping Hands Foodshelf, P.O. Box 22, Delano, MN 55328
• Food donations are being coordinated by Lynn Bartels (volunteer). Items can be placed at several drop-off locations:
Coborn’s [food donation barrell]
My BodyShop Fitness Center – 901 Babcock Blvd
Landscape Structures Inc – 601 7th Street South (place items in bin between two front doors between the hours of 7:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. M-F)
Lynn Bartels volunteer residence – 416 Third Street North (place donations in the porch)
Questions? Contact Lynn Bartels @ 763.439.4393